• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Wipers

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
I have 1 question and one observation regarding the rear wiper.

First off, I was able to fix my rear washer assembly using parts from a mid 90's dodge mini van. The 95's have a dual nozzle setup, and the 93 and 94 have a single nozzle. The nipple on the lift gate looks very similar if not exactly the same. The wiper arm is the same width, so I am going to upgrade to a dual nozzle setup.

Secondly, how do you adjust your wiper arm/blade so the blade so that it makes contact down the entire length of the wiper blade?

Last edited:
Ok, being as the rear windshield is not flat on the vertical plane, the wiper blade has to flex.

How do you make sure the wiper blade stays in full contact (along it's length) with the windshield, through out it's full arc on the back window?

Is there a fix? Does the spring in the wiper arm control that? If so, how do you fix it?

Its a combination of the spring in the wiper arm and you could try a new wiper blade. On my XJ I don't have that issue, but on the ZJ it misses a few spots.

Cool. I'll take a look at it. When I fixed my washer assembly, I threaded the hose up through the spring (like it was at the junk yard). I wonder if that's the issue.

Back