• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 SYE Output Shaft Nut Size

anotherskait

NAXJA Forum User
Ever since I installed a SYE kit, I haven't been able to shift into 4wd. I did cut down the shift rail shaft, and I`m convinced that this isn't the problem, so this weekend I`m going to crack it open and start sorting it out.

Unfortunately - someone recently broke into my car and stole everything, most significantly my tools.

Does anyone know what size the nut is on the output shaft for the SYE? If i remember correctly it was a Teraflex kit.

I've been searching around and found one set of install instructions that say it's a 1-1/8" nut. Can anyone confirm that?

Also - I may or may not split that was this weekend. First plan is to pull the tail cone and make sure that it's note the rail not being cut down. Do I need to drain the fluid from the case prior to doing this? Or will the fluid stay contained with the tail cone removed?

what year?

i know on my 89 the tail cone has fluid in it. whne i pull the driveshaft atf comes out, but not alot.

chock front/rear wheels and park down hill if your that worried, but i know on my 89 and your 92 is the same, only a little will come out.

Back