• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting better brakes options Proportioning valve mods/removal/adjustable?

I did the disc brake converion years ago and I want to improve them a little. Eventually I will put in a dual diaphram booster and master cylinder meant for 4 wheel disc brakes. But right now I want somthing more simplistic, which has led me to proportioning vavle (P/V) modifications... I searched and found all the options I could do which seems to start with

1.) removing the oring from the P/V innards.
2.) Swapping the P/V Innards with a grands. (or swap a grands in.)
3.) Replace P/V with a direct line to the front, and a adjustable valve to the back
4.) remove the P/V altogether, straight lines to front and back.

I am wondering what the braking would feel like with and adjustable vs. no valve at all. Anyone out there done both of these mods who can tell me what the difference will be like?

I DON'T have experience with a jeep, but a 427 S/C Replica I built once I did the straight to front and valve to rear. It was the ultimate in perfect adjustment. As your rig changes, you can change it... if add or take away front or rear bumpers, winches, etc. Just set it in the rain once and your done. It is a very simple design also.

Good luck.

Back