• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new steering!!! Check it out

jiltedjester

NAXJA Forum User
3/4" X 3/4" teflon hiems, 1 3/8" X 3/8" wall DOM, and some help from a good friend of mine... AK07.

next up is re-locating the track bar bracket and brace the steering box.

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

That's kind of the route I want to go with mine.

So is there contact with the track bar mount, or are you raising it for better geometry with the drag link?

Mine is 1" Diameter and it touches the TB in the stock location. It does limit steering slightly turning right but not too bad. Moving the TB up would be the best option.
Michael

Nice job! I just did mine recently and I am having trouble flexing. The heims are limiting it. I but a bed on the knuckle end. I also put my bolts the other way just case i loose me nuts. LOL! Just food for thought.
IMG00123.jpg

did you use locking nuts? if so what kind, metal or ny-lock. you should have only bent your drag link up at the pitman are. all-n-all your setup looks great.

In this photo I had just regular nuts. I ended putting ny-lock. As you can see the pitman heim is done. They make a different heim but then the collar is scary thin.
By chance do you have any flex shots with your system?

I have Heims in my steering also. All though they do limit droop on the pasenger side slightly I can still easily drop my coils out if I allowed them so the Heims are not an issue. It doesn't look like you are useing hi misalignment heim washers either which would help. I am useing QA1's for referance.

As far as limiting steering, with my 1" ok tube I still have slightly limited steering turning right. You haven't commented on this yet but I am assuming with your larger OD tube you likely have more significant limited steering. This would apply to the standard track bar mount on the axle on the D30.

Michael

Back