• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA Bushing PITA

BigBlueBeast

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone replaced these? Not the ones in the CA but the ones that are on the axle. I had to use an Air Hammer to get them out and ball joint press to get them in.:shocked: 2 hours each side. WTF. What was you luck?

01 XJ Sport I only replaced the drivers side one. It took me 4-5 hours. Used a pitman arm pulley to press out the sleeve but it took half the bushing with it. So I spent another hour or so eating through sanding bits on my dremel trying so tear through what was left. It was just ridiculous. I bought a die grinder so I can get the other side out without too much work. The lower control arms were also a PITA.

I do them with air hammer and ball joint press just as you described. I normally pop the coils out of the way. Depending on what suspension is installed (longarms make it go faster), I can normally do both in 1-1.5 hours.

John

BFH and ball joint press. Or if you can get a big brass race that is machined for the hole that works pretty good.

Rock krawler dot com has some sperical rod ends that they will sell you that replace those with a far superior setup that "sandwiches" itself in there instead of being pressed in. Lasts longer.

I don't think it is on their website, you have to call them and ask.

Back