• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Reverse" cut gear sets

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I tried searching for images on google/yahoo and get mixed results.Some show gears one way and then show the opposite BOTH saying "reverse".Can some one post some pictures of CORRECtLY identifying BOTH so I know what I actually have -too lazy to pull diff cover on mine.I believe I was sold the low pinion gears and need the hi pinion reverse cut gears...Thanks:eek:

Unless you have a LP D30(2000-2001XJ,and all TJ's),you have "reverse-cut" gears.

The top two are reverse cut (high pinion), where as the bottom is standard cut (low pinion).

DSC_3060.jpg

By the way, that shows the sizes between a D30, D44, and D60 ring gear (those ring gears are sitting in a concentric orientation).

The top two are reverse cut (high pinion), where as the bottom is standard cut (low pinion).

DSC_3060.jpg

By the way, that shows the sizes between a D30, D44, and D60 ring gear (those ring gears are sitting in a concentric orientation).
Thank you I appreciate that.........I did receive a low pinion set like I feard:flamemad:

i was going to post to give the O.P. some info, but the impatience persuaded me otherwise

Back