• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

post lift: rear sway bar rubbing tire

dan9891

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 4.5 short arm BDS lift kit http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/434H. I also bought 2 inch spacers for the front and 1.5 lift blocks for the rear to make it a 6.5 in the front and 5.5 in the rear. After finishing the back today I was checking everything and noticed the outside of the sway bar was rubbing the inside of my tire. (On my brothers jeep the sway bar lays in the rim about half an inch from the actual tire.) So do you think the extra leafs and block is making this happen? Also is the only way to solve this is to disconnect the sway bar? I plan on running 35's (right now running 31's and will till I can afford gears) with a bigger rim but my brother doesn't think that will make a difference. Or any other ideas?

Remove rear sway bar.

Problem solved.

On a more serious note: Rear sway bar doesn't do much on the XJs, especially after lift springs are installed (usually stiffer).

Okay, Ill just remove it then. I know you cant really remove the front one since all the weight is there but wasn't to sure about the rear.
Thanks for the quick replies.

Back