• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box upgrade options?

90XJay

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I did a few searches and the only 2 options I have read for a steering box upgrade are the YJ and V8 Durango Swaps. Anyone know of other possible bolt on up grades? I just swapped my power steering pump and it turns out my box is junk. I'm looking for a box I could use a stock xj pump on for now (maybe upgrade later when i have more funds) that maybe more durable the an xj one. Might as well go better if I'm swapping it. Or if you know of a link post it up. I didn't have much luck searching
"steering box upgrades" or "power steering options"
just got alot of linkage threads.

I think it is static. It bolts right up.

We had it on my buddies '97 first, but he never refurbed it before he installed it so it leaked from the pitman seal pretty bad and he took it back off. When he installed it He had it misaligned so he could turn tighter to one side, which is wrong. Other than that he said it was a great box. Tighter than an XJ box, and if he had not gotten a durango box for free that did not leak he would proably still have it.

It is going on mine as soon as I get around to replacing the seals on it. I have them, just have not pulled it apart.

Back