• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a variation on "stuck door" syndrome

BSH

NAXJA Forum User
One day, I couldn't get the drivers side rear door open. It had been getting pretty stiff for a while. This time, I pushed really hard on the button to open the door, and the button broke through, and went all the way inside the door! (and the door didn't open besides) Now, the door can be opened from the inside, and there's a gaping hole where the button is supposed to be.

How do I fix this? I guess I need to disassemble all my doors and get them good and oiled.

my jeep has had that same hole for about 3 years now. i havent gotten around to ordering a new handle and replacing the part! if you happen to go through it please take some pictures so i dont go in blind!

Well, I have a replacement for the button and the spring behind it, not the whole handle. From a brief look, it appears that the mechanism behind it is the real problem, not the handle. This is not something I'm good at or familiar with. I just don't know how to assemble the thing and make sure everything is lined up correctly.

Back