• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jet stage 2 chip for 96-03 Jeep w/ 4.0

gradon

NAXJA Forum User
For sale is a used Stage 2 chip(90015S) for 96-03(obd2) jeeps with the 4.0. I built a high comp stroker and this advances the timing too much, thus makes it ping(why they tell you to use 93 octane, btw), so it's been sitting unused for a year. $100 shipped.

OregonStateJeeper--You chose not to receive private messages, so here's my response:
I still have the Jet stage 2 chip. I'm gonna say it probably gave my 96 10hp&lb-ft(nowhere near the 25 that they claim but I didn't have those expectations). It increases the timing and throttle response, thus tunes the Jeep for 93 octane(which doesn't detonate as fast as lower octanes). I thought that was what the trailjammer does. If you are using 87 octane at the moment, then you probably can get away with using both of them. The jet plugs between the front harness and the pcm.

Back