• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front coil springs or overall lift kit

bradcarrier

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I'm new here, awesome forum! I have a 1998 XJ with everyones favorite ebay special 2 inch budget boost, 31's and I have raced it in a few budget beater races on atv/motorcross style tracks. I have beat the crap out of this thing however it continues to run. I have been using some hockey puck style bumpstops, but I hit so hard off the jumps, I have a ton of dents on my oil pan. Question is I want to keep racing it, but I need to gget some stiffer front springs that wont break the budget. Or perhaps a whole kit that will fit 33's or so, but stiff enough for high speed turns. I guess main thing is stiffer front springs. Is there anything affordable that the guys in jeepspeed run. I would consider a whole kit, but it seems like most of the kits have soft springs for flexin not jumping and high speed turns Thanks again

Hey guys I'm new here, awesome forum! I have a 1998 XJ with everyones favorite ebay special 2 inch budget boost, 31's and I have raced it in a few budget beater races on atv/motorcross style tracks. I have beat the crap out of this thing however it continues to run. I have been using some hockey puck style bumpstops, but I hit so hard off the jumps, I have a ton of dents on my oil pan. Question is I want to keep racing it, but I need to gget some stiffer front springs that wont break the budget. Or perhaps a whole kit that will fit 33's or so, but stiff enough for high speed turns. I guess main thing is stiffer front springs. Is there anything affordable that the guys in jeepspeed run. I would consider a whole kit, but it seems like most of the kits have soft springs for flexin not jumping and high speed turns Thanks again

If you want cheap stiff springs, head to the local junk yard and pick up some front coils rated for a heavy v8 truck.

Why not get a set of FOA hydro bump stops. I think they would do wonders for you.
Also Id call deaver for a set of springs, just tell them what you want.

think I'm gonna get some prothane coil spring inserts, just looking for some springs I can find in the next couple weeks, mine are trashed and I got a race comin up. thanks again

Search to be sure, but I think it's the late 90's to 2000s trucks and I think they're a direct fit. But search in this forum and the definite answer will be there.

Back