• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Shock Conversion brackets?

bigbadxj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed and/or used these JKS Shock Conversion Brackets? Here is there pic and info.

Many shock manufacturers simply do not build a stud-style shock in long enough lengths to accommodate high travel after-market lift kits; however, they do in the more popular EB1 mount style. These "Shock Conversions" are a simple bolt on item that will allow you to use any EB1 shock. They reduce the static ride height of the shock by 1.10 inches which translates into 1.10 inches more droop for your suspension.
pi_991.jpeg

If you have what size shock should I use with them and a 6.5" + lift? What are your shock dimensions? just in cause I want to buy a different brand than you have used.

I just installed those about an hour ago. Im running them with the 12" travel bilstein 5150s. They are good and beefy. Im at about 6.5 inch lift. At 6.5 you might want to go with the 10" travel shocks, any longer and you will need long arms to drop any farther. With the 12" shocks I am going to have to cut the lower shock mount off and weld it lower down to gain more up travel. I also wish I got the bilstein adaptors, they dont take away that 1.1 inch I hear.

I just installed those about an hour ago. Im running them with the 12" travel bilstein 5150s. They are good and beefy. Im at about 6.5 inch lift. At 6.5 you might want to go with the 10" travel shocks, any longer and you will need long arms to drop any farther. With the 12" shocks I am going to have to cut the lower shock mount off and weld it lower down to gain more up travel. I also wish I got the bilstein adaptors, they dont take away that 1.1 inch I hear.
Thanks That helps me alot and I'll have to take a look at the Bilstein adapters.

Back