• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys add-a-leaf ??

97babyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have 3.5 inch rubicon express leafs, and i have 32's. im looking to be able to fit them a little better. i have trimmed but just need the flex room. i was looking at rustys 1.5 inch add-a-leafs. has anyone done this combo, or these add-a-leafs at all? any severe sag?
thanx
ryan :)

that AAL is for a stock leaf pack, not for 3 1/2" ones.

You could add an AAL to a 3.5" pack, but you will need to replace the center bolt with a new longer one.
Expect the ride to be stiffer.
Just know, this isn't a preferred method of gaining lift.
Have you replaced your shackles with longer units, yet?
This may be a better route, if you haven't.

well heres the story, i had 1.5 inch lift shackles in it, but had some driveline vibes cuz i dont have a sye, but i do have a front shaft to use with one when i get it, but thought the front shaft in the rear is two short at 5 inches or so. is anyone at about 5inches with a front shaft in the rear with a sye??
thanx for the help

There are people on her with 5"s of lift without vibes, but I have about 3.25 total lift with shackles and homebrew leafs. I have no vibes, but wouldnt recommend going much higher without an SYE and a CV driveshaft. About the front shaft in the rear, I don't kthink that would work.

You should be able to use the shackles, just get some degree shims to correct the pinion angle.

yeh cuz i cant find anyone thats running around five inches that has it. cuz ive read on here of people with 3.5 or so with one, but not more than that.

I RUN 6.5 of lift with the light duty SYE from rubicon, but i di have the front drive line lengthened for about 80$ at local drive line shop also needed to get new c.v. flange. But with buying junk yard D.L. still spent under 200.00$ total. instead of 400.00 plus to have one made.

Back