• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front suspension pops, and mild knock from rear end coming off gas

DravisAR

NAXJA Forum User
Ok two problems.

1) Ive always had this issue. I have a rubicon express 4.5" lift with HD trackbar. When I drive the truck around, and hit bumps, the next time I turn the wheel halfway to full lock or more, I will get a slight pop from the front end. My suspicion is its something to do with the track bar, when I put it in park and turn the wheels back and forth, thats where the noise comes from...but why? I can also see where my left front tire is rubbing on the control arm (only at full lock)...wouldn't that mean my axle isn't centered?

2) I installed an 8.25 aussie locker in the rear. Ever since I did, when I let off the gas I get a very mild pop noise from the rear...is that just the locker disengaging?

3)the caster is off and my front tires are wearing horribly, even though I've had a full alignment. The alignment shop said they couldnt adjust caster, even though my control arms are adjustable.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
your track bar bracket is probably shifting. mine does that too. make sure all the bolts are tight. you might also consider a track bar bracket brace. that helped mine considerably.

sounds like the locker is just disengaging.

castor is not a tire wearing angle unless it is off by many degrees. you might have a camber or toe problem. can you describe how the tires are wearing?

Thanks for the replies.

I figured the locker was normal as well.

The alignment is all straight except for the caster. The tires wore completely evenly all the way across, on both sides. Ill get the measurements from the alignment shop to you guys tomorrow. I'll also check on that trackbar bracket..although the one I have is the HD from RE.

Back