• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring bolts

dan9891

NAXJA Forum User
I was taking apart the whole rear end today surprisingly everything went good even the bolts weren't too bad (have been soaking them for a week with PB). When I was getting the bolts out, all of them have crappy thread left and even the thread on my frame is shot. I was wondering if anyone knew the bolt size and thread pattern? Quick posts would be greatly appreciated I would like to make it to either advance or home depot tonight to get the leafs back in. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, don't know the answer, but if you take the bolts with you, you should be able to match them up. Make sure to get a good grade of bolt. Probably a grade 5 or 8, not just annealed.

OEM for a 1990 XJ leaf spring attachment bolts

M14x2.0 thread is correct.
Length from new bolts purchased at Chrysler dealer: 120 mm (not including head) and diameter is 14mm.

Why are you guys trying to stuff SAE (inch) bolts into metric fittings? I live in a smallish city (40,000) in north-central BC, Canada- if I can find metric bolts, most of you can too!

Back