• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pass 44 is it worth it?

wrecked

NAXJA Forum User
I have a LP D44 out of a wagoneer at my house right now. Its complete hub to hub, disk brakes, all the steering components all the way up to the steering box and warn hubs and leafsprings still attached.

Good thing about it. Absolutely free.

Bad thing about it: Pass drop, outer locking hub is missing, its been sitting for a while, 6 lug.

I've been reading about people dropping in D300 transfer cases and running the passenger side drop. Is this something I should consider or am I better off looking for a drivers side Waggy 44.

I got my old jeep back and I'm building it up. Funds are really low(full time college student with a serious biking addiction) and I'm trying to do things right the first time, but at minimal cost. My original plans before the axle was dropped off was stronger inner and outer shafts(Alloy or Superior), CTM joints(I'm thinking), Warn or MM hubs, 5.38's and a spool. The kid that I got it from said it was a from an old Wagoneer and was complete, so I said I would take it, after all its free. Now its been unloaded we talked a bit and I realized the differential is on the wrong side.

I already have the axle, should I consider building it up? Or just steal the steering off it and pass it on to the next guy?

What kind of price range am I looking at as far as hooking up the D300? I've been pretty fond of the np231, I've got a super light foot and I'll be rocking 37's.

If you guys wouldnt mind giving me some helpful tips,hints,ideas,suggestions and so forth that would be great.

-Kevin

BTW: I don't plan to even start working on the real fabrication stuff until late Feb. after I've finished some more schooling and have more time. But I've got to have it done before mid summer.

Sell it to a CJ guy and find a drivers drop, it will be a lot easier/cheaper on you in the long run for sure.

Back