• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO valve cover on RENIX?

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello.

I have seen in this forum some lads who swaped their Renix valve covers by the HO model.

Please, could you tell me if they fit with no mods? Would it fit directly?

Thanks in advance

Hi Rodrigo.

I checked the VC gasket for 1990 and 1995, they are the same.

I think you will have to change something at the rear vacuum port as the renix uses a metered port there and it is different on the HO, but others have made the change and are quite happy with it as I remember, but I couldn't find any on-point threads with search.

Make sure to grab the fitting from the intake manifold while you're at it. That is one of the reasons people make the swap. Between the added baffles and increased vacuum from the larger fitting it helps combat blow by and I hear it works extremely well.

Its a straight forward swap. I used a HO gasket (rubber/metal) and even though I do not have the location studs, the gasket fits fine and does not leak. I used the CCV orifice and elbows from a 96 XJ and the connections will work out fine with a little creativity.

Here is a pic so you can see how I have the CCV routed.
P1010506.jpg

That looks like an aftermarket valve cover. I was looking at one of those at the Crown dealer and it doesn't have baffles like the HO one. How do you like yours?

That looks like an aftermarket valve cover. I was looking at one of those at the Crown dealer and it doesn't have baffles like the HO one. How do you like yours?

Yes its a Crown, I love it. I had a stock 96 HO cover on before I picked this one up.

I swapped a 97 cover onto mine, and routed the vac lines a bit differently.....works like a charm and is 100% bolt-in (make sure to get the CCV lines and the manifold fitting from the donor). FYI, 97+ covers take a different style gasket than 87-96 ones.

Jeff

31LTs014.jpg

Back