• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tips On Installing Long Arms?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well im hopefully gonna install my long arms tomorrow, and just wanted to see if you guys who had done em, have any advice. I know that im gonna do only one side at a time with to help eliminate having to get ANOTHER alignment.

Multiply how long you think it will take by 5. So if you think itll take you 1 hr... 1x5=5 hrs.
Get a angle finder and a tape measure and do you own alignment.

Well im hopefully gonna install my long arms tomorrow, and just wanted to see if you guys who had done em, have any advice. I know that im gonna do only one side at a time with to help eliminate having to get ANOTHER alignment.

you doing a lomg arm and dont want to do an alignment?

how do you plan on setting up caster/pinion and toe???

get a bunch of cut off wheels and a sawzall. Those damn factory lower control arm mounts are a PITA to cut off the frame!
BTW, I'm in the middle of installed a RK long arm and it is taking a lot longer than I had though, keep running into little issues that end up taking forever!

Well if my axle is where i want it atm, Then I can adjust the arms to fit like the lowers I have on there now. I dont want to change to caster or toe.

setting up the caster and toe is part of the install process/game.

why would you not want to "fine tune" your rigs suspension???

Back