• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good deal for a base to build on?

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Posted this in NW Chapter forum but figured I could get more feedback here too...

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1144838129.html

The lowest he said he'd go is $1500. It's got the Police Interceptor package.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 87' that I want to sell.

Basically all it'll be used for is forrest trails, camping, mild wheeling and whatnot. I don't really plan on doing anything major. Preferrably a 4-4.5" lift like mine currently has.

We bought my wife a 97' lifted, and I love the power of the newer engine. Hence part of the reason I want a newer Jeep.

I just want to make sure this is a good deal of something to start with.
I plan on either going with the Rough Country 4.5" lift or junkyard... depending on what's available and prices...gotta keep it fairly cheap.

Thanks
progress.gif

As with any used car, check the routine things. As an XJ owner, you know the specific XJ things that go bad. Other than that, trust your instincts.

In Feb, I bought a 97 XJ with a nearly mint body for 2 grand.

Posted this in NW Chapter forum but figured I could get more feedback here too...

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1144838129.html

The lowest he said he'd go is $1500. It's got the Police Interceptor package.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 87' that I want to sell.

Basically all it'll be used for is forrest trails, camping, mild wheeling and whatnot. I don't really plan on doing anything major. Preferrably a 4-4.5" lift like mine currently has.

We bought my wife a 97' lifted, and I love the power of the newer engine. Hence part of the reason I want a newer Jeep.

I just want to make sure this is a good deal of something to start with.
I plan on either going with the Rough Country 4.5" lift or junkyard... depending on what's available and prices...gotta keep it fairly cheap.

Thanks
progress.gif

I just bought it! Thanks for posting it here! Just Kidding!

Looks pretty clean.

What kind of engine in your 87? DIY + $1500 could make a nice 4.0 Renix.

I would recommend passing on it, if it was used as a police vehicle. I know all cops arent bad cops, but my roomie is a trooper reserve and after talking to his partner....I would never buy a police vehicle for any amount of money close to what I could get a non-police package for elsewhere.

Not only will the thing have 146K on it, it will also have THOUSANDS of hours of idle on it too.

Just something to think about.

Back