• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clevis, d-ringmount ideas for front

Skullver

Still Flailing
So I'm building this bumper and know have come to the tow point portion, looking for ideas on how to best mount the 1" thick clevis mounts to the 3/16 bumper mount that is mounted to c-rok front bumper mount system hitting all the steering box bolts. Sorry , a mouthfull, I am looking at something like this, maybe cheaper if I can find them:
http://www.bluetorchfab.com/oscomm/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=476

anyways heres the bumper and the current mounting, although that may change as well.
DSCN1099.jpg

DSCN1096-1.jpg

older but the same mounting system
DSCN1083.jpg

Curious but is the upper front ube flush to the grille? Doesn't look like it but it could just be the angle fo the pic, why not suck it up? Looks good. 1" seem excessivly thick. I had mine made by Bluetorch and they were only 1/2" and seem plenty beefy. I just cut a hole in the face of my bumper and welded to the Bumper bracket and to the front of the bumper. Or you could run a couple bolt holes in the bumper bracket and d ring and bolt it on. If having them made as I did, BTF could easily burn a couple 3/8 bolt holes in the bracket.
d_rings.jpg

Weasel said:
Curious but is the upper front ube flush to the grille? Doesn't look like it but it could just be the angle fo the pic, why not suck it up? Looks good. 1" seem excessivly thick. I had mine made by Bluetorch and they were only 1/2" and seem plenty beefy. I just cut a hole in the face of my bumper and welded to the Bumper bracket and to the front of the bumper. Or you could run a couple bolt holes in the bumper bracket and d ring and bolt it on. If having them made as I did, BTF could easily burn a couple 3/8 bolt holes in the bracket.
d_rings.jpg

Cool thanks for the idea, here is a better pic, it sits about 4-5" out from the clip although eveything else changed, angle of the stinger etc:
I may just plasma cut some 1/2' plates that are a little longer and t-bone them to a bracket for the 4 bolts that face forward, then the whole front section will be boxed in. I'm just not too good with the plasma yet

DSCN1081.jpg

Last edited:
Weasel said:
any reason it sticks out so far? I'd bring it back as close as posible.
I am putting a decent size skid along the bottom and left the possibilty of a winch mount, although it is a pre-runner type rig and usually there are plenty of folks to yank you out(hence the tow points) or high-lift or any other method, I may want to mount a winch eventually. And it is sucked in a few inches from the above pic now

Back