• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bump stoping?

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
how much bumpstop should i get for 4.5" of lift.... im goin up to that and iwas gonna use a 3'' stop....need more or less?!

how much bumpstop should i get for 4.5" of lift.... im goin up to that and iwas gonna use a 3'' stop....need more or less?!

You'll be the best judge of that. How much do you want or need to trim vs. would you rather bumpstop?

You can't base a bump stop length off of lift alone. You need to factor in tire size and wheel back space. The best way to figure out what you need is to install your lift and put the wheels and tires on it you are going to run, then stuff the wheels up into the fenderwells with a jack or by driving it up onto something to articulate the suspension. Once the wheel is fully stuffed but not touching the fender measure between your factory bump stop and the center of the axle spring pad. Then do the same thing in the rear and measure between the bump stop and the axle.

ok so ill have to figure it out then!! THANKS!!:D!

Hate to hijack the thread...but looking for modifying rear bump stops since lift (3") and installation of ford 8.8. I've seen photos of "extended" upper spring plate working as bump stop...like the idea. But...does it work with stock bump stock, or is an extended bump stop necessary?

I've been wanting the JKS bump stop stack. I'm in agreement with greenmachine, I'll wait until I get the new springs and tires installed...

You can't base a bump stop length off of lift alone. You need to factor in tire size and wheel back space. The best way to figure out what you need is to install your lift and put the wheels and tires on it you are going to run, then stuff the wheels up into the fenderwells with a jack or by driving it up onto something to articulate the suspension. Once the wheel is fully stuffed but not touching the fender measure between your factory bump stop and the center of the axle spring pad. Then do the same thing in the rear and measure between the bump stop and the axle.
X2 on measuring for bumps.Prothane makes progressive bumps for front and rear.

Back