• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango Box with box braces?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at running a m.o.r.e. box brace with my durango steering box (I am already using a c-rok inner brace with my rigidco bumper). I notice some manufacturers make a note to mention their kits will only work with a stock box. I am assuming all one would have to do is to lengthen the bolts on the clamp, making sure they were grade 8 or so but wanted to know if anyone had any issues for whatever reason using a durango box.

TIA

I am looking at running a m.o.r.e. box brace with my Durango steering box (I am already using a c-rok inner brace with my rigidco bumper). I notice some manufacturers make a note to mention their kits will only work with a stock box. I am assuming all one would have to do is to lengthen the bolts on the clamp, making sure they were grade 8 or so but wanted to know if anyone had any issues for whatever reason using a Durango box.

I'm running a C-Rok inner brace and a PSC Extreme box. The PSC box has a larger diameter body than the stock box and it is the same or very similar to the Dakota box.
Besides needing longer bolts, I added a washer (a total of three, one for each bolt) between the box and the brace because the side of the box's cylinder contacted the brace. With the added washers, there is now a tiny bit of clearance between the inner brace and the box.
I did not want to take to take a chance on distorting the box when torquing the bolts. It may have been unnecessary but better to be safe than sorry.
Make sure to check yours for clearance.

Back