• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 2" leaf springs

AnarchyJet

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?cv=1000&kw=old+man+emu+leaf&pg=1
I'm thinking of ordering these from quadratec. I currently have a 2" BB with RC shackles and coil spacers. I would like to goto 3.5" and my current leafs are pretty much shot so a BP or AAL probably won't work. My plan is the OME 2" leaf with RC shackle in the 1.5" hole and rusty's 3" coils. I will cut down my 2" spacer to balance out the front as needed. I am not sure if I should get the light, Med or Heavy duty version since i don't know what the difference is between them. Does anyone have these, what are your impressions?
I want a good ride and flexable suspension, but also tow a 2000lb trailer and do some moderate hauling. I guess I just want a good all purpose suspension setup on a budget.
TIA
-AJ-

As far as I know the difference is spring rate. Why not go with a bastard pack? Cheaper and you basically pick how much lift you get.

I'm going to get some heavy duty ones.

Here are some specs on the OME leafs:
OLD MAN EMU - CS034RA, 5 leaves in pack, 148lbs/inch s.r. 230mm (9.055") free height= Average lift of ~3"
OLD MAN EMU - CS034RB, 5 leaves in pack, 148lbs/inch s.r. 205mm (8.07") free height
OLD MAN EMU - CS035RA, 4 + 1 overload, 137/257lbs/in s.r. 235mm (9.25") free height

Anyone know how much distance the heavy duty ones have a 137lb/in before hitting the overload and going to 257? It would be a terrible ride if it's not much, plus wear on the unibody, plus less flex.

I have light duty and I like them. They aren't exactly squishy.

you could pick up a spare xj pack, add a RE AAL and throw the main and second leaf from the spare pack into your current leaf pack and get 3.25"+

The main leaf from my stock spring is shot, it arches the wrong way. That's why I'm looking at new springs. Does the Med duty really net 3" of lift? I guess i will go with the light load then. It is the same spring rate as the med. with only 2" of lift.
Thanks for the help
-AJ-

The main leaf from my stock spring is shot, it arches the wrong way. That's why I'm looking at new springs. Does the Med duty really net 3" of lift? I guess i will go with the light load then. It is the same spring rate as the med. with only 2" of lift.
Thanks for the help
-AJ-

Try emailing Old Man emu they could probably tell you but the cs034ra is the part number for the 75mm lift springs 75mm=~3inches

I used the 2" Medium Duty, they work well for a close to stock weight XJ. I just installed a heavy winch bumper, now the spring rate seems too light. Just bought some 3" Heavy Duty springs. Front end will be loaded with ~95 lbs (with winch & bumper), rear will be ~120 lbs (bumper, tire swing, tire). I wish I would have planed ahead, I could have saved some coin...

Back