• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ carpet differences,..?

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Have a good deal on a surplus XJ carpet from a recent junkyard find-Was wondering if anyone knew if a carpet from a 2000 XJ would fit my 1985 model-Understand vaguely that some carpets are two-piece and the rest are one piece ?-I'm hopeing /assumeing that most or all model years are somewhat similiar ?-TIA
bxj

Carpets? :nono:

Bedliner.

Yeah... I don't know the answer to your question.

if it's a good deal, go for it. You should be able to massage the bends in the mold to fix any differences in the body. The 2000 carpet should be "two piece". One from firewall to rear seat, and another from rear seat to hatch. That's how it was in my buddies 99 and my 01.

The issue you will run into is the 97+ xj's have a square channel that the front of the front seats mount to and your's doesn't.

Now that I think about it, the Corbeau seat brackets I have are for 95+. That would explain the channel mount on your 96. They list two brackets, one for 84-94 and one for 95-01.

it DID change in the 2nd half of 95, along w/ the floorpan, seats and brackets.... i was gonna chime in w/ that... but op was inquiring about a 2000, which is a full 8 years away from the newest jeep ive ever worked on. =\

Back