• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another desert tan project.

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
After reading Darky's thread on the desert tan, I thought about doing something similar to mine. I have the dreaded teal colored XJ. I painted the lower half of it with rino lining type stuff, and that helped significantly. However, its still frickin teal. I am thinking of doing the upper half Tan, including all the door jambs and stuff to make it look decent. I have painted a few cars in the past, and have the experience and equipment to do it 'good enough'. I am not a professional painter obviously, but I know enough. it will be done with an automotive paint, not the spray bomb way.

Just wondering what the opinions are of it, I did a quick MS Paint version in a tan color. I like it, and my wife is all for it (surprisingly).

I will use this thread for the step by step when the time comes. Just wanted to share.

Before:

DSCN0545.jpg

The hopeful after look:

deserttanxj.jpg

~James

Hey James...remember I said our color schemes were almost the same??? Well...I'm also going to desert tan on top of the black so they will really be the same after that. :D

I knew you werent happy with the color from the start, glad to see you painting whats left.

I'm sure this will come out fantastic when it's done!

Figure your packed up and heading back to the states... welcome home to you and the wife James.

I'll be back in SC 3rd week in June.

John, we are in Georgia right now, house hunting. We go back to Germany on the 18th, just to pack up all our crap and do any final stuff. We move back to Georgia for good on June 6th from Germany.

Today I went to:

REI
Summit Racing Retail store.
Bass Pro Shops
4 Wheel Parts.

Man.... do I miss being able to walk into a random store and buy the crap that I have been having to order online for the past 4 years. Cant wait to get back for good.

Big plans for the XJ's, just gotta get here and get moved in/settled in. Let me know the dates you will be in SC, I will plan a trip to my Pops place, and we can meet up.

~James

Back