• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The parts bin

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Had a thought...

Lets get a list together of available spare parts that will be at the event. This could eliminate a few chasing parts around the park and save a ton of time. I'll comprise a list (you'll need to PM me your cell number) of whats available and have it for the organizers.

OverlandXJ

Stock tierod with ends, no draglink.
CPS,TPS,IAC,
Stock front driveshaft
Fuel Injector o-ring kit
Fuel rail o-ring kit
2wd D30 stub shaft and a 260 jointed stub shaft
Some hardware CPS bolts, trackbar bolts, unit bearing bolts, driveshaft hardware etc.

I'll edit as i remember more..

Great Idea!

I'm not sure I have much stock stuff anymore that will be of use to anyone, but I'll dig around this weekend to double check.

Front & rear driveshafts & hardware
Alternator if needed
dshaft u-joint
I can bring a stock tie rod/drag link if necesary
have spare rear shocks too
box of spare nuts and bolts, self tappers etc

I can bring along my OEM diff covers (D30, C8.25) and OEM tie rod (once I get the Group Buy model mounted).

Spare rear shocks, Chris? Thought you used them up after the February run...

I can bring along my OEM diff covers (D30, C8.25) and OEM tie rod (once I get the Group Buy model mounted).

Spare rear shocks, Chris? Thought you used them up after the February run...

HAHA yes I went and got new ones the next day, then a week later I said screw it and chopped the stock mounts off and moved everything up. So now im running stock length shocks again.

spare 29 spline axle shaft
spare D30 shafts (not sure if they'll have unit bearings on them or not...)
ax-15 front driveshaft
v8 ZJ driveshaft (for ax-15 and SYE)
lots of tools
gear lube and RTV
lots of random hardware (including driveshaft hardware)

hmm.... i probably have more...

Stock steering setups (draglink+tierod with ends)
Stock Track bars
Stock xmembers
8.25 27 spline shafts
Stock PS Pump (96-)
297 D30 shafts if I don't sell them by then

I don't know, I have a bunch of stock crap I could bring if people want me to. If no one could use it as spares, then I won't bother bringing any of it.

stuff i forgot to list before:

cross member (might have more by then)
steering box
stock steering setup (2 drag links, 1 TR)

At first I thought this was a thread to tell what parts you were bringing down, sort of like a swap meet.

D44 drive slugs (should any manual hubs decide to grenade), maybe spindle nuts, springs, and those circle clips, and wheel bearings for a front 44.
1310-1330 conversion u-joint (random, I know, but hey, you never know what yokes people have)
760 U-joint
Serpentine belt
Fluids
I think those are the only spare parts I have.

At first I thought this was a thread to tell what parts you were bringing down, sort of like a swap meet.

Thats not a bad idea also, but fit for another thread.

I was thinking about one of the M&G's recently where Andy was scouring the park looking for a tierod/draglink and thought this may be a good idea. Never know what someone will need..

i thought it was so people didn't double up on spares too much and have no spares of something else (like everyone bringing d30 shafts and no one bringing stock steering setups or something)

By all means, if you usually carry certain items in your own spare part inventory bring it.

My thought process was in the event that someone breaks something and does not have a spare to get him/her off the trail the trailguides/organizers would have a list of spare parts available and a number to hopefully contact that person and or the guiide for that group.

The person needing the part could make some type of arrangement with owner of said part, purchase, replace, return after the vehicle has been repaired.

This could make a part search much easier and less time consuming in the event it's needed.

- dana 60 30-spline stub (chevy)
- 5-806x u-joint (dana 60 axleshaft)
- dana 60 spindle nut set
- dana 60 hub tool
- 1310-1350 conversion joint
- 1310 u-joint w/u-bolts
- ES2027L / ES2026R drag link ends (the common "1 ton" swap)
- ES2010L/R tie rod ends
- 3/4 x 5/8 heim joint (standard thread)

Sort of a 'specialized' list, but ya never know. I carry the tools to be able to change out an axleshaft joint and stub shaft on the trail.

- renix tps (2)
- iac motor, also renix
- non disco d30 shafts
- d35 shafts
-stock tie rod
-stock front driveshaft
-possibly extra 32" spares if I dont sell them by then

I have a parts jeep laying around thats not getting scrapped anytime soon...so if anyone wants me to rip some crap off of it to bring along, I could probably do that.

I will also have stock D44 stub shafts from a '74 Wagoneer. (measure 9 15/16" Ujoint to end, so will work with pretty much any D44)

Bump..

And remember please PM me a number if you have a cell so we can make contact in the event your part/s are needed.

Thanks.

John

Back