• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ booster and MC conversion fittings

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
so i read an article in my searching and now i cant find it maybe someone out there has it saved or knows where it is. anyways the article was about the WJ swap. and listed part numbers for two conversion fittings to convert the standard thread brake line on my Xj to the metric brake line on the WJ master cylinder, this is the route i want to go but i cant find that article or part numbers
help!
thanks

Don't use conversion fittings. First off the ports on the WJ MC are on the opposite side so you need to bend new lines and second I used conversion fittings and they all leaked and I had to tear everything back apart to flare and use regular fittings. I had the original WJ MC to prop valve lines and re used the fittings from the prop valve. If you really want some conversion fittings I still have mine and you can have them for the price of shipping.

The master cylinder lines to the prop valve were stock WJ lines. I bent and shortened them and reused the fittings on the prop valve and flared the ends of it. You can get a flaring tool at autozone for $20, I haven't used it but it's something to think about.

Theoretically you can get the adapters from NAPA.
Anyway, here are some part numbers that may help you, help them to get them for you.
3/8-24 female inverted flare to M12-1 bubble male is Edelman 265000, Everio 3014, and Weatherhead 7974.
3/8-24 inverted flare female
to M10-1 male is Edelman 271300, Everio 3024B, and Weatherhead 1442.
The "Everio" may be "Everco"--I can't decipher my printing! Also, for the M10, there are 3 other numbers that also appear to be for the same adapter: 270300, 3025B, and 1443.

If the stock lines for the WJ MC to Combination valve are long enough to re-bend, and reach from the WJ MC to the XJ combo valve, I'd do what Cmelo suggest; the fewer connections the better.

Cmelo, it appears you are saying the stock tubes on the WJ are long enough to be re-flared on one end (inverted SAE), and re-bent so that they will reach from the WJ MC to the XJ combo valve? Did you have to raise the XJ combo valve?

Theoretically you can get the adapters from NAPA.
Anyway, here are some part numbers that may help you, help them to get them for you.
3/8-24 female inverted flare to M12-1 bubble male is Edelman 265000, Everio 3014, and Weatherhead 7974.
3/8-24 inverted flare female
to M10-1 male is Edelman 271300, Everio 3024B, and Weatherhead 1442.
The "Everio" may be "Everco"--I can't decipher my printing! Also, for the M10, there are 3 other numbers that also appear to be for the same adapter: 270300, 3025B, and 1443.

If the stock lines for the WJ MC to Combination valve are long enough to re-bend, and reach from the WJ MC to the XJ combo valve, I'd do what Cmelo suggest; the fewer connections the better.

Cmelo, it appears you are saying the stock tubes on the WJ are long enough to be re-flared on one end (inverted SAE), and re-bent so that they will reach from the WJ MC to the XJ combo valve? Did you have to raise the XJ combo valve?

The WJ lines are more than long enough. I cut a few inches off mine to fit.

CMELO, I'm assuming you installed the WJ booster/MC into your '93 XJ?

Back