• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse Block Help!

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I have a burnt out fuse contact in my fuse box #15 stop/hazard fuse. With the lights off I had no brake lights. With the lights on I have brake lights all the time, untill I hit the brake pedal The Brake lights flash and the park lamps are on. I have pulled the tail light wiring harness and bought some that are good.
I guess my question is can I take the wires off of the fuse block leads and move them to an unused fuse socket location? Any one ever done any thing like this? Help!!!!!
Thanks

Yes, I have done that on other vehicles.

Well i could do the individual holder thing. After looking at the fuse block opened up there really is not anywhere to move the fuse too. I will post some pics of it tomorrow.
I'd like to think that I can figure out the wiring diagram on this but I have never been taught anything on how to read one.
There is a pink wire which go to the hazard switch then through to the stop light switch on the pedal. There is also a fusible link wire that is red that goes onto a bar in the fuse box which feeds the dome park and brake-hazard fuses. So should I just tap into the red wire and then use the pink wire and keep it routed through the hazard flasher? I wish i could post the FSM on here or at least the blown up part of it that I'm looking at.

Back