• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another airbag ?? wires cut in front end wreck

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
So, I did some searching about the airbags and could not come up with anything pertaining to my particular situation.

I bought an xj a year or so ago that had some minor passenger side front end damage. I have to replace the bumper, grille, header panel and passenger fender/bumper cap.

When I bought it, the airbag light was on and I knew it had something to do with the damage. Well, I got the front end off and the airbag sensor wires were cut. If I resplice and plug it in will there be any issues. Or what would be the proper way of getting the sensor functional without an accidental explosion of the airbags? That would suck.

I believe the FSM has the correct procedure for disconnecting the air bag as to not deploy it, if I am not mistaken disconnect the neg battery and then un plug it.

Give me a year model & i will send ya the info.

Back