• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end shifting around

Googenheimer

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday my father and I noticed that my right front tire was sticking out of the wheel well about 2 inches more than the left one. It seems the whole front axle shifted to the right. I took a look at my sway bar and I could tell that it too had shifted to the right. I could also tell that the bracket where the sway bar attaches to the Jeep was bent a little. I obviously need to bend that back but my question is: How far should the axle shift from side to side? It doesn't seem normal that my right tire was sticking out so much further than my left.

as i say alot, we need more info , do u have a lift, any mods?

but i would check the track bar, the rubber tends to wear out.

I do have a mild lift. It started out as a 3" lift and then the back began to sag so I replaced the skyjacker coils with Grand Cherokee coils to level things out. It does still have the skyjacker lower control arms on it though. I haven't taken the time to check the track bar yet but I will do that tomorrow. Do they wear out quite often?

Did you re-drill the trackbar mount, or get an adjustable trackbar when you did the lift? If not, you should adjust that. And you say you have skyjacker coils...or ZJ coils? No track bars don't wear out quite often.

I currently have ZJ coils on right now. They ride OK and make the jeep sit level. So in reality my Jeep is closer to a 2 inch lift now.The lift was on the vehicle when I bought it so I'm not sure what he did. If you've got some tips on how to recognize what the previous owner did then I'm all ears becuase I'm not sure where to start or what to look for. Thanks for your help.

Back