• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Completed 2" OME lift and WOW Warning Dial up!

raypla

NAXJA Forum User
Let me just start out by saying that my rearend of my XJ was sagging terribly. I had to do the front and back at different times due to money constraints, but I was definately happy with the results.

Full view before lift
DSCN0107.jpg

Here is a pic of the rear before:
DSCN0110.jpg

Here is a pic of the rear after:
DSCN0116.jpg

Front before:
DSCN0123.jpg

After
DSCN0124.jpg

Completed lift
DSCN0125.jpg

I love the ride. About 2.5" when it was all said and done. But the rear rides much better with some weight in the back, 250-1000lbs, and it doesen't sag at all with the weight in it. Plus when I tow my boat 2500lbs, it only sags .5". Will it permantly sag the spring s if I put 250lbs in the back and drive around w/it?

Now I just need to get some new tires, and I got all of my spring stuff at DPGoffroad.com best prices by far.

as with enerything it will sag over time(years).
it looks like they are new springs, and if they are they will adjust over time, even without weight, the ride may get nicer, even without weight.

Ive had my OME on for goin on three years now, with very little sag at all. Of course, I used the JCXL aal for the rear packs, and the extreme duty front coils, but I DO haul trailers on a regular basis, and the cargo area has at least 250 lbs of crap in it at all times... Yes, as they get worked in, the ride just gets better. Good choice.

Thumpersdriver said:
Ive had my OME on for goin on three years now, with very little sag at all. Of course, I used the JCXL aal for the rear packs, and the extreme duty front coils, but I DO haul trailers on a regular basis, and the cargo area has at least 250 lbs of crap in it at all times... Yes, as they get worked in, the ride just gets better. Good choice.

Yea I forgot to say I got full packs. Highly reccomended, DPG is the best.:loveu:

My OME HD rears and med fronts have been in almost a year, no noticable sag yet. I tow with it almost every day, and haul a bunch of tools and recovery gear in the back all the time.

jeepboatsideview2lr.jpg

Right now? 225's. I want too get a little bigger than stock possibly 245 or 30 X whatever. I don't want to kill my mileage I still get 17-18 city. I also want to get something a little more aggressive, but I can't handle the road noise now. So I intend on sound deading the whole vehicle with Second Skin products :yelclap:

What I meant was that yes, I too have the full on OME springpacks in the back, but I added the JCXL as well, for a bit more lift to level out to 4 inches up, and to handle my frequent towing/carting around of all the heavy stuff I tow/cart. (Horses, dune buggies, Horses, small tractors, Horses, large lawn mowers, Horses, Cars, Horses, boats, and did I mention, Horses..) I didnt word my former post exactly correctly.... Sorry. Oh, and I believe in Overkill. :looney:

That looks great! I've been talking to Dirk about a 3" OME setup. If I thought I could get away with only 2" I would do it. 31s are as big as I want to go, but since I'm swapping in an 8.8, he suggested doing a 3" front and 2" rear to allow for the increase in axle diameter.

30's would be perfect... go with some bfg all terrains- semi agressive, almost no noise and good off road you can get good deals as well...

Did you notice any vibrations with this height? And did you replace the control arms or just stay stock?

Looks great!

Fish'nCarz said:
Did you notice any vibrations with this height? And did you replace the control arms or just stay stock?

Looks great!

Well I did the Back and front 2 weeks apart. I did the back first and there was not any vibes, when I did the front, later, I hit a bump going down the highway, 65-70, and all hell broke loose. It scared the bejesus out of me. I've yet to figure it out but I still have the stock control arms and nothing seems loose. I'm leary to start replacing everything, due to money issues, and am about to throw a new stabilizer on it for now :eyes:

raypla said:
Well I did the Back and front 2 weeks apart. I did the back first and there was not any vibes, when I did the front, later, I hit a bump going down the highway, 65-70, and all hell broke loose. It scared the bejesus out of me. I've yet to figure it out but I still have the stock control arms and nothing seems loose. I'm leary to start replacing everything, due to money issues, and am about to throw a new stabilizer on it for now :eyes:

did u do a wheel alignment, when u do any lift u need to set the toe, and caster.
when i did my 2" lift (BB) i did not change any cotrol arms, the top ones are ok, but the bottoms, should be replace, since they do hit the mount with minimal downward movement. but an alignment is needed, even if u do it yourself.

chelms27 said:
I have a 3" lift with 30's, and i think it is just right w/o regearing. The jeep's looks nice.

I put 235/75/15's on mine which is 29's and i got better gas milage, and didnt seem to hurt prefomance. So 30 should be no prob.:wierd:

Definitely get an alignment, and if you ever plan on going higher I would recommend an adjustable track bar. Your stock LCA's will be fine unless you do some really crazy stuff off-road. By the looks of your jeep(clean) you won't.

chelms27 said:
Definitely get an alignment, and if you ever plan on going higher I would recommend an adjustable track bar. Your stock LCA's will be fine unless you do some really crazy stuff off-road. By the looks of your jeep(clean) you won't.

I did get an alignment and it seemed to be better but then it came back, I don't think it ever left:roll:

raypla said:

What year is your XJ?

raypla said:
I did get an alignment and it seemed to be better but then it came back, I don't think it ever left:roll:

Do you know what your front and rear drive angles are now that you've lifted it?

I think '99 still had the HP D30. My 01 has the LP version, and will have worse angle issues than yours, I'm bettin'.

Back