• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock - Rite...Any good?

I run a lockrite in my 8.25 and it works just fine, however I have found chipped teeth on it when I changed the diff cover. I'm not too happy with that. On occasion it unloads suddenly on the street and makes a horrid bang.

Searching does not ALWAYS get what you are actually looking for.Again Does anybody run one???

ok that last one answered pretty well-thank you
chipped teeth huh...so maybe not as strong as an Aussie?

Last edited:
I was shopping for a LB locker and after all I've gottin out of searching I bought an Aussie....

no one has run one before. how about you try it out for us?

and yes, actually searching would have yielded answers to the questions you have/are asking.

I don't think I have ever heard of a "Lock - Rite".

Is this some new locker I have never heard of ?

Or is it a ceremony conducted by some poor OCD sufferer with their deadbolts?

If you are speaking of a "Lock-Right", yah, I've used them. They work. It's a Richmond Gear product. You can google Richmond Gear for MFR info.

As I told the last guy, search a bit. You are thread #3 which is currently a question about this product. See bottom of this thread for suggested threads. Also search by "Aussie" locker.

My Lock Rite works fine on my 8.25, but my Aussie is twice as quiet and twice as smooth!
If I ever get the chance to wear out the Lock Rite, an Aussie will replace it.

have fun with the locked 35. hope you have some spare shafts.....

I ran a LockRight locker in my D35 and it really worked. It banged now and then, but that's what you get with a lunch box locker. Hmmm, that was in my first XJ, in 1995. Wonder how many people have run LockRights in their 4x4's since then? :)

All the lunchbox lockers look, work, and act virtually the same. Get the one with the best price and the best warranty.

Lock-Rights are OK, ran them in my other rig for a few years. They generally don't like 35" + tires and V-8 power, ask me how I know. From what I've read on here, the Aussie is a superior lunchbox locker.

Back