• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRACKBAR HELP, PLEASE

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
I just noticed I have a problem after hunting down a noise. I have a 4.5 RE SF lift and RC drop brackets. The upper control arms are shortened all the way and the lowers are fixed with 1/4 inch shims. When I installed the drop brackets i noticed it pushed my axle forward a bit. My track bar is not sitting square in the axle mount an rubbing on the axle. what can i do to fix this?

100_1915.jpg

Also the bushing is shot, can i use a regular track bar bushing to replace it. Its an RE 1600 track bar.

Last edited:
Call RE and ask what bushing to get.

The worn bushing could be allowing the track bar to move some and hit. Has it always hit and made the noise since you installed the lift and DB's? Or has it just recently started making the noise?

While you have the track bar out to replace the bushing, massage the back of that mount with a hammer.

Pull the 1/4" shims out and if needed, adjust your caster with the adjustable uppers.

Ok, RE said that they use a YJ bushing, one from a '95 wrangler would work right? If need be would it be ok to heat and bend the track bar more?

Ok, RE said that they use a YJ bushing, one from a '95 wrangler would work right? If need be would it be ok to heat and bend the track bar more?

X2, check the bushing to make sure it's not worn and tap the bracket with a hammer and or pull the axle back a tad.

Why not just order a bushing from a 4 wheel parts website? I got mine from Savannah Jones and it only costs around 10 bucks.

Why not just order a bushing from a 4 wheel parts website? I got mine from Savannah Jones and it only costs around 10 bucks.

I got one from O'reilys. I think I'm going to use the BFH and a porta power to open the mount back up. Does anyone know the torque spec for the lower bolt?

You'll need a BFH to put the track bar back into its home also. When I replaced my bushing I forgot to put the metal sleeve in. I realized that after I had already beat it up in there. I pried (sp) the bar from its mount with a screwdriver and thus inserted said sleeve. Just wanted to share. Regards.

Back