• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leak

zman16

NAXJA Forum User
ok iv got a leak its transmission fluid iv been told i need a new pan gasket and iv also been told i just need a new drain bolt im only 16 and dont like seein fluid under my jeep so if you have any sugestions plz say somthin

First, and not to be mean, please slow down and use a few capital letters and some punctuation.

A good sized portion of the members here are from "pre-texting" days.

That said, get under there with some cleaner, my favorite is Simple Green cut with water in a pump-up garden sprayer, and clean it up. Check the cooler lines, pan bolts, and around any sensors including the NSS.

Let us know what you find.

Even if it is a pan gasket or the drain plug, either are an easy fix. Where in MO are you loacted? I am in north central MO and have a full shop, so if your close, bring it up and we can get ya taken care of. BTW, it is my own personal hobby shop, I am not a business trying to strum up work HAHA! I have a 3000 acre farm that keeps me busy and in work :D just offering to help a fellow Jeeper out.

i live in springfeild so idk how far that is from you but im broke and couldnt afored to pay iv got ujoints that i need to be put in i just want to get it trail ready bc im goin on a run in like a week or two

i live in springfeild so idk how far that is from you but im broke and couldnt afored to pay iv got ujoints that i need to be put in i just want to get it trail ready bc im goin on a run in like a week or two

My suggestion is that if you are broke enough and not able to get a plug and a new gasket you may not want to be wheeling in it. Not trying to be mean but it sucked being in high school and breaking my rig on the weekend and having mommy drop me off at school. Just my .02.

no fees to help a fellow Jeeper out in my shop, that is why it was built. I was just putting the offer out there, I remember being a young broke kid trying to get stuff done. It is all in good karma man...you ever watch "My Name is Earl"?? :D

I am a bit far from ya though, like 4 or more hours straight up 65 Hwy.

Back