• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad vibes.

gnarwall

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in a almost completely stock '86 2.5L right now, and something weird just started happening. When turning, especially at lowers speeds, my front tires sound horrible. They're not rubbing, and there's not excessive vibration. Next week I'm planning on sliding in the Rusty's 4.5 in spring pack, and someone told me I'll probably fix the problem when I do that. Any input?

Just throwin this out there:

Over the summer I had a front caliper that was siezing. I never noticed a problem until I was just creeping along (in traffic, turning very slowly, etc.) Took me a few days to track it down. The noise was felt more than heard and it reminded exactly of what you'd experience if the tire was rubbing the LCA in a tight turn.

Sounds like a siezed up ujoint.

I realized I didn't really describe the problem, except for describing what it's not. The steering gets stiffer and it sounds like it's rubbing, and there's just a little bit of vibration.
So if it was a seized caliper or U joing, is there an easy way to test that without replacing them?

With the caliperI ended up noticing the smell and that's what gave what it away. With a u joint I'd be looking for any play in it.

could be a steering shock.

Back