• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how would you make this

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
im trying to figure out the rear hoop for my exo, heres a few ideas iv had let me know what you think, feel free to use paint and draw it how you would do it

KIF_3484.jpg

idea1.jpg

idea2.jpg

Add some x braces that run to the end of the floor pan by your rear bumper, or to your rear bumper if you would rather

Here's what I'd do. :D

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The weak point would be from the upper outside corner/bend to the lower inside bend (where it bends down to the floor). The strongest way to make it is to put a bar on that line......from upper corner to inside lower bend, which would direct force in a roll from the corner of the cage (C pillar) directly to the floor. I considered doing this, but didn't because the force is handled a different way in my cage.

Two major triangles absorb the down force on the C pillar hoop in a roll, one is the small triangle at the joint of the roof hoop and the C hoop, and the other is the triangle formed by the rear angled down bar and the straight bar that goes back to the C pillar from the D pillar halfway down. Hope you get what I mean. Cage structure is figured by picking any single point and seeing what other tubes and joints must move for that spot to be able to move........lines of force.

A straight tube along that force line would be stronger than the way I did it, because a straight tube from the upper corner to the floor would put the force in compression, while the way I've done it puts the force in extension which depends on the strength of the welds. Mine's already been on it's lid, so it's proven to be strong enough so far.

off topic, but iv been wonderin what a 4 door would look like with a comanchee cab stiched on, id love to do it to my 93 except id use the whole bed, makin the cherokee look like a miny fullsize truck.
DO IT! that would be fawesome!

Back