• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear lift Qs

benXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be lifting my new cherokee (96) with some extra stock XJ leaves and a 1.5 in. lift shackle. Will I need to use some shims as well? I was thinking that the longer shackle will help correct the pinion angle. I'm guessing I'll be getting a 3-4 in. lit in the rear.

Thanks

you wont know until you install the leaves and shackles. i would plan for them or a transfercase drop anyway.

i have 3" leaves with a shims(dont know the angle as they came already on the leaves) and 1" boomerange shackles and dont have vibs on my 89. before i added the longer shackles i never ran it without the shims so i dont know if i would have vibs or not without them.

i had an old xj with 3 in. lift leaves and had a 3 deg. shim and had no problems, so I guess I'll just assume I'll need the 3 deg. shims with the lift shackle.

Back