• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these stock wheels?

jcjeeper89

NAXJA Forum User
c086_1.jpg

Seller claims these wheels are from a 98 XJ. I can't seem to find these wheels anywhere else...appears that they may be an aftermarket OEM? Any thoughts? Thanks!

oem? more like NOem

anyone who sports the oem stuff has no taste imho...

so, if you like em, run em....
but dont be surprised when people on a forum that focuses on modifications wouldnt be down w/ them...

oem? more like NOem

but dont be surprised when people on a forum that focuses on modifications wouldnt be down w/ them...

Other than AEV wheels, I've never seen an aftermarket wheel designed that was worth a sh!t. OEM steelies have more design elements that compliment the vehicle purpose than any aftermarket I've ever seen...

IMHO :rolleyes:

oem? more like NOem

And that's why there are no threads on Moabs, Canyons, Ravines, etc. Oh wait, there are pages of threads on the subject. OEM wheels FTW! :yelclap:

Other than AEV wheels, I've never seen an aftermarket wheel designed that was worth a sh!t. OEM steelies have more design elements that compliment the vehicle purpose than any aftermarket I've ever seen...

IMHO :rolleyes:

Lets say you want to run bigger/wider tires on your jeep... which you would be silly if you didnt because the stock wheels are intended for driving back and forth from the mall... OEM wheels with a tire above 9.5 wide will rub on your control arms. Now... you get some cragar black steelies with a setback and your not rubbing at all... and gaining a wider stance to make up for the top-heavyness of the XJ. IMHO... stock wheels suck. I threw mine in the dumpster.:scottm:

Hey lets fight about what pieces of metal look better!

Lets say you want to run bigger/wider tires on your jeep... which you would be silly if you didnt because the stock wheels are intended for driving back and forth from the mall... OEM wheels with a tire above 9.5 wide will rub on your control arms. Now... you get some cragar black steelies with a setback and your not rubbing at all... and gaining a wider stance to make up for the top-heavyness of the XJ. IMHO... stock wheels suck. I threw mine in the dumpster.:scottm:

Lets say I do 'run bigger/wider tires' ... only been doing it for 15 years. The fact is you can get up to a 32x11.5" tire under the XJ without increasing the backspace, or more appropriately, decreasing the backspacing.

Rubbing the control arms is not a big issue.. simply adjust the stops on the knuckles and you're done.

I've been running 31x10.5" on factory OEM wheels since my XJ was 3 years old... IMHO tires are meant to stay under the fenders and in the wheel wells, especially in this neck of the woods.

That's why they call this the "OEM Tech Discussion." :lecture:

I like those wheels--kinda similar to the xj alu 5-stars that I run(with 10.2" tires and no rubbing). An old neighbor had a tsi ZJ with those wheels and his looked like it was waxed every week(did all tsis come in black?). Are they marked 16x7j or 16x8j?

Back