• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone installed TJ fogs on their XJ?

urban yan

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of buying some TJ foglights for my XJ, but I'm concerned about their dimensions.
How does their size compare to Hella 500s?

I'm sure everyone knows what TJ fogs look like. Again, I need their dimensions
aea1_1.JPG

and these are the dimensions for the Hella 500s
hella500.jpg

the hella 500's are much better than the stock TJ lights. ive compared the two off my friends TJ and my XJ with hella's. Much better.

as far as dimensions, im not sure. im sure they will fit any XJ application.

The reason I ask is because I had a custom bull bar made, and it's been pre-drilled for hella 500s. I can't drill anymore holes into it because I just had it powdercoated. I figured the 500s would be better, but I am a bit of an oem junkie, so I still rather the TJ lights (or something that looks like them).

500's all the way check amazon.com they have them cheap!

That's where I ordered mine from...the price was so low, I thought I was ordering by the light so I got two. Ended up with two pair! :D

biggest problem with the hellas are if you leave them uncovered while driving around town rock WILL hit them and they WILL crack. been through 2 pairs on the front of the tj. now i am going to run oem fogs which have plastic housings. haven't gotten them yet so dont know the dimensions.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to buy the Hella 500s locally tomorrow. I'd love to buy them from the states to save a few bucks (or buy some TJ lights), but
I'm in a rush; my Jeep's currently apart at a buddies house waiting for everything to be bolted up. I wouldn't save much money buying the 500s
from the States anyways (not after shipping, exchange, and customs).

BTW. This is the bullbar I had made for my Jeep (that's the guys Jeep not mine)
testfit01.jpg

I don't have a pic of it after it was powdercoated, but I went with the same hammertone finish as my wheels
RT-closeup1.jpg

Here's a pic of the first one he made with Hella 500s mounted.
bullbar1-sml.jpg

Yeah, I always like to stick with stockish looking parts.

For now, I'll get the 500s so I can have everything wired up... I can always look into TJ lights if I don't like the way the 500s look. Than again, I read on a JK forum that Mopar made black covers for the Hella 500s... do you guys think there's any truth to that? I'm game with anything that helps me keep an OEM feel.

Back