• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brush guard probs

OZJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I just bought a Manik brush guard on CL off of a 1999 XJ and I was told it will bolt up to my 1996. From what I saw the brackets are on the outside of the guard and my frame is on the inside. Has anybody else ran into this problem? And is there a bracket I can add to make it fit. Happy 420!:smoker:

Hey I just bought a Manik brush guard on CL off of a 1999 XJ and I was told it will bolt up to my 1996. From what I saw the brackets are on the outside of the guard and my frame is on the inside. Has anybody else ran into this problem? And is there a bracket I can add to make it fit. Happy 420!:smoker:

I had one of those. You will need tow hook brackets, to bolt it on.

Are there any jeeps that have this stock that I might be able to find at a junk yard or do I need to buy this new?

Are there any jeeps that have this stock that I might be able to find at a junk yard or do I need to buy this new?

You may find them at the junkyard on an XJ. Most likely you will find the ones that run down the side of the "frame rail". But unless you plan on doing any sort of recovery off of it ( which I dont recomend) you can just buy the basic 3 bolt brackets.

And it's still sitting in my garage waiting for me to do something with it.:)

Haha I was wondering if you had put it on.

xjboy said:
Haha I was wondering if you had put it on.
Working/thinking on it. Scored a pair of bumpers for free. Front had a huge stinger that I cut off. Thinking of replacing the stinger with your old brush guard. We'll see. Need a welder and some practice first.

Back