• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle location

XJ jeep creep

NAXJA Forum User
if got a d44 going in the front and i was think of pushing it forward 2". how far can i go without having to move my steering box and stuff.:dunno:

also whats the max i can go back with rear before i have to move the gas tank up?

Did you not get any replies in the Tech section?

Are you doing leafs or coils?
I can't see too many problems, but your steering may hit part of the axle. You should move your trac-bar bracket forward if you keep the coils and perhaps move the coil buckets so you don't have a bend or angle in the coils.

It depends on a lot of things. Lift height, tire size, how much you're cutting the wheel wells, and how willing you are to wrestle with front steering and track bar clearance. Spend some time under your rig with a tape measure, figuring where things will be if moved, and you'll see what is and what isn't possible. Even if we said "you can move it 3 inches" you wouldn't know how to do it.

coils still in the front. i was planning to get the tape measure and figure it out myself but i thought i would ask first and maybe save myself a headache.

I am putting a D30 I put some time n effort into lately back up front. Moving it forward about an 1" maybe tad more.
The only problem I am seeing is the trac bar mount, as stated above.

I ordered a RS Specialties over axle, offset mount with a few height options pre-drilled. Hoping to get it here by the end of the week, and have it set up by Saturday.
If your still wondering by then post up, and I'll add anything I can at that time.

Back