• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First mod, cb install

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
Finished up the first mod on my XJ today, a cb install. It's a Uniden PC78LTW that I blought off their website. I'm not super thrilled about the hood mount for the antenna (personal preference), but it will work for now.
cgKK_7saGCzDfib25HFl1w
one.jpg

vdJRxEGtKM2Ocs16Q_nMAw
two.jpg

I ran the extra coax across the firewall, looped it around the coolant bottle and back.
firewall.jpg

hjJeSHGPCZnwg1oGwgY95g

Last edited:
Right now I'm at 1.9 on CH40 and about 1.4 on CH1. I also have a Firestick quick disconnect so that it still fits in the garage. Going to go to the local cb shop one evening this week and see what they think. The antenna, a Wilson, does have a ring terminal for grounding it to the mount, but I don't want to have to use it because of the aforementioned quick diconnect.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I guess I forgot to post up when I put my CD player in my 3 Jeeps and oh the driving lights too - damn I could have impressed everyone on here with this stuff!party1:
Yea, yea, yea. Don't worry, the real mods are in the works as we speak. But ya gotta start somewhere.

Just personal preference. Would much rather have it on the rear hatch, but it's fiberglass.
i think the rear hatch is a bad location due to bad ground plane,you would receive good with the people in front of you but bad for the people in the rear of you !!! the best spot for a antenna is in the center of any car or truck or xj !!! or as close to the center as possable!! think of ground plane like ripples in a pound after throwing a rock in the water!! make cents ??? :wierd:

Just personal preference. Would much rather have it on the rear hatch, but it's fiberglass.
i think the rear hatch is a bad location due to bad ground plane,you would receive good with the people in front of you but bad for the people in the rear of you !!! the best spot for a antenna is in the center of any car or truck or xj !!! or as close to the center as possable!! think of ground plane like ripples in a pound after throwing a rock in the water!! plus make cents ??? :wierd:

i think the rear hatch is a bad location due to bad ground plane,you would receive good with the people in front of you but bad for the people in the rear of you !!! the best spot for a antenna is in the center of any car or truck or xj !!! or as close to the center as possable!! think of ground plane like ripples in a pound after throwing a rock in the water!! plus i don't think the s.w.r's make cents ??? :wierd:

i think the rear hatch is a bad location due to bad ground plane,you would receive good with the people in front of you but bad for the people in the rear of you !!! the best spot for a antenna is in the center of any car or truck or xj !!! or as close to the center as possable!! think of ground plane like ripples in a pound after throwing a rock in the water!! plus i don't think the s.w.r's would be as good ? just make cents ??? :wierd:

i think the rear hatch is a bad location due to bad ground plane,you would receive good with the people in front of you but bad for the people in the rear of you !!! the best spot for a antenna is in the center of any car or truck or xj !!! or as close to the center as possable!! think of ground plane like ripples in a pound after throwing a rock in the water!! plus i don't think the s.w.r's would be as good ? just my make cents ??? :wierd:

Back