• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock xj question....

I do believe there may be a few pictures of stock xj's with both wheels and tires.

Sure you can drive your unit with 31's and your 3.07 rear if your suspension will allow it. It's not a combination you would select if you had the choice but lots of people do it on DDs and limited offroad use. Your odometer reading will also be screwy. You might look at doing a BB first however, to be sure there is no rubbing. No need to chop anything. Would recommend you do some searching before you decide. 16 year old xj's will vary so greatly in condition (mileage, saggy suspension, rust, bad shocks, etc) that a blanket statement one way or the other is not realistic. Measure your clearance as it stands now and re-evaluate. It may be time to upgrade your suspension components.

can I fit 31s on a stock 93 sport, 5pd. 4liter? I am wondering if the gears can handle it? Does anyone have any pics of stockers with wheels and tires? maybe some chopped fenders? help....

Did just that for about one month on my stock 1990 Sport. As long as I was the only one riding in it the driver's side front tire would only rub occaisionally.

With two adults in the front seats both front tires would rub somewhat frequently.

With two adults in the front, and two grandkids in the back (one 10, one 12, both thin) all four tires would rub fairly regularly--driving in town.

Back