• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.07 pushing 32's

PosiDave

NAXJA Forum User
So I am not near my truck at the moment and but think I have the Tow package if not I have the 3.07 gearing. How will these fair in pushing 32's I imagine really bad but has anyone run it? Is there any way to bump them temporary to the Auto gears if I have a donor axle? I basically want to have the truck lifted by a certain time but don't think I will have money for the gears until after.

It's marginal at best with 31's.

If you have the donor axles, just swap them in as a unit.

Alternately, if you have the tools and are capable you of course could swap the gears...

I pushed 32's with 3.07's for over 2 years so, yes it can be done. You will forget about 5th gear except for the freeway. I just recently swaped axles from an auto. 3.55's and it made a BIG difference. $250 for the pair.....probably my best upgrade so far.

I ran 3.07's on 33's for about 2 years and it sucked. I couldn't use 5th anywhere but a downhill run. Ended up swapping axles that had 3.55's to get rid of the disco 30 cheaply. Now I'm on 33's with 3.55's and I can use 5th on the highway just not steep uphill grades.

Parakeet

i regeared from 3.07 to 4.10 just for 31's.

of course you can run 3.07 with 32's, it will just suck. as for 4wd, put it in 4lo.

my story is much like a few others here - I ran 3.07s and 32" swampers (which of course are true to size and heavy) but it wasn't THAT bad until I hydrolocked the motor and put in a different one a few months later - after not driving it for so long and getting back into it I realized how bad it really was LOL - I am in the middle of regearing to 4.10's via an exploder 8.8 and a 4 cylinder d30 both being aussie locked as well

Ran a 3.55 auto on 32" tires and didn't relise how bad it was until I put in an axle with 4.10's freeways suck and I was getting 13 mpg.

You were getting 13mpg highway or city with 3.55's or 4.10's?

Even when my XJ was stock with 235's (4.0, auto, 3.55's) I constantly got 12-13mph.

And I still do with 32's. Sometimes lower like in the winter, but of course it is idling more and warming up longer in the cold.

I was just gonna do it for like 2 until I can afford to re gear. No offroading until after that anyways as steering will be getitng redone at the same time.

So I am not near my truck at the moment and but think I have the Tow package if not I have the 3.07 gearing. How will these fair in pushing 32's I imagine really bad but has anyone run it? Is there any way to bump them temporary to the Auto gears if I have a donor axle? I basically want to have the truck lifted by a certain time but don't think I will have money for the gears until after.

There has got to be someone with 35's and 3.07's.
Short arm non drop bracket 6.5 lift.
2in. transfer case drop.

"runs great no problems"

Back