• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinion's needed

xdutyxj00

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at buying a 2000 model 2-door(4 cyl, 5 speed, 2wd). It is pretty much a base model (SE). The owner of it now said it overheated and locked the motor up. He said he would take $800 for it. It would be my daily driver if I bought it after I fixed the engine problem. Later on down the road I would make it into more of a project Jeep. Just wondering if it would be worth it knowing that the whole drivetrain would be swaped out later on??

hows the body on it? if the body was super clean then i think it would be worth it. imo

It seems cheap. Have you called any local engine rebuilders to see what that costs. I imagine about $2000. So do you want a baseline 2WD for $2800. You could get a GOOD 4WD for about a grand more.

Dude,

If you pass on this deal let me know. I have a buddy of mine is dying to get ahold of a XJ after I got mine.

He's ready to get out of his Kia (he's 6'5") and ready to get back into a REAL vehicle.

Thanks.

Back