• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

up country package?

Tow hooks and skid plates give you a good chance of having the package. Too bad all XJ springs sag over time, so you really cant measure to see the 1 inch lift.

This is the Up Country option for 98:

Skid Plate - Front Suspension
Skid Plate Shield - Fuel Tank
Skid Plate Shield - Transfer Case
Axle - Trac-Lok Differential
Engine Cooling - Heavy Duty
Spare Tire - Full Size
Tow Hooks
Stabilizer Bar - Rear Delete
Suspension - Heavy Duty w/Gas Shocks

Your local dealer should be able to run the VIN to verify the option.

This is the Up Country option for 98:

Skid Plate - Front Suspension
Skid Plate Shield - Fuel Tank
Skid Plate Shield - Transfer Case
Axle - Trac-Lok Differential
Engine Cooling - Heavy Duty
Spare Tire - Full Size
Tow Hooks
Stabilizer Bar - Rear Delete
Suspension - Heavy Duty w/Gas Shocks

Your local dealer should be able to run the VIN to verify the option.

Funny. :huh: My XJ is listed/identified as a 'Country' by the VIN yet it have non of the above except the 1" higher suspension and the heavy duty cooling.

Funny. :huh: My XJ is listed/identified as a 'Country' by the VIN yet it have non of the above except the 1" higher suspension and the heavy duty cooling.

A "country" does NOT mean you have the "up country" options. The country was simply a trim option. The up country was an option that could be had on any model XJ.

Tow hooks and skid plates give you a good chance .....

Tow hooks, a tranny cooler, and skid plates were all optional items and don't always allow you to assume the UpCountry package is installed. You have to check for the rest of the items.

sweet thanks for the help. my jeep has the 3 skid plates trans cooler tow hooks. appears to have everything...how do you tell if i have the trac-loc option?

Oooook! Now I understand,...there is a 'Country' and an 'Up Country". Well then, mine just says 'Country'.

Mine has the full compliments of creature comforts except the power seats.

...how do you tell if i have the trac-loc option?

Search the the NAXJA forum for threads with that question. Most basic problems and questions have been asked and answered multiple times.

Try a burn out on dirt or grass, or open you diff cover and inspect the carrier. You gear oil probably needs changing anyway. Trac-Lok Limited Slip differentials require the addition of Friction Modifier (posi additive) to your differential oil.

The one on the right is a Limited Slip.
standard.jpg

Back