• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Oh this should be some fun but worth it.
liftparts.jpg

Don't use spring compressors...just drop the axle, put the springs in, and jack it back up.

I've lost a 3" lift spring which had 4 compressors on it, took out a light on my moms Jaguar. I was lucky I jumped out of the way (although looking back I'd a rather broken an arm then pay $300 for a new tail light).

~Scott

im ready aswell see you at 10

and i wont be using the compressors. doing coils is one of the easiest parts of the lift..
DSC02402.jpg

New control arm bushings in the RE longarms, leaf spring bushings, front pinion seal, header, manifold gasket, freshly rebuilt (and retrofitted) Bilstein 9100s, wirebrushing and rust treatment/repaint axles and springs, steering box reinforcement...all going together this weekend.

This is the only pic I have so far. :D

510870153_2Re2Y-L.jpg

I got scared for you when I saw that spring compressor. Like was already said, just disconnect enough stuff to droop the front axle far enough to pull the stockers out and replace them. That's what I just did on mine and it was great mainly because I was never in fear of my life...

Yeah Ive always just drooped as much as I can, stand on the rotor if you need a little extra.

then if you cant fit it in use a 2-3 foot prybar and it will pop right in

1000's of pounds of pressure being released all at once is scarry. Let us know how the install goes though.

I too have a project on my hands...an RE 4.5" lift and new control arms to install, along with my new switch box, new rear axle and refurbished/upgraded front, etc.

~Scott

Well the install went ok, I'm sure like any project could have went better but thats how it goes. All in all got 6" of lift now and I'm for the most part happy with it. Pics will be up in my build thread as well as in this one. Have to keep the build thread up to date.
finallift002.jpg

Back