• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auto to 5 speed swap

green95xj

NAXJA Forum User
Will the pedal cluster from a manual 93 xj fit in a auto 97 xj? Also what is needed to convert a ax-15 from internal to external slave. Thanks

Will the pedal cluster from a manual 93 xj fit in a auto 97 xj? Also what is needed to convert a ax-15 from internal to external slave. Thanks

I'm fairly certain it will, either way no matter what you do there WILL be some modification.

You'll need a full bellhousing, throwout bearing bridge, slave cylinder, and hard lines. If you can't get ahold of those, the internal slave works just fine, but is a pain in the buttocks.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply, i just dont like internal slave because if it fail you have to pull the tranny and it also ruins your clutch. What modifications need to be made? I know you have to drill the holes in the firewall for the master install but what else needs to be done?

Thank you for the reply, i just dont like internal slave because if it fail you have to pull the tranny and it also ruins your clutch. What modifications need to be made? I know you have to drill the holes in the firewall for the master install but what else needs to be done?

Those holes and something to reinforce the mounts for the clutch pedal. There is some bracing on manual XJ's that may not be on auto's, but honestly I don't know!

There are other people who have actually done it... hopefully they'll chime in, I've only read some stuff online.

Back