• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Max tire size?

biggnate31887

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 cherokee sport with a 4.5" rough country lift (most of the shitty components are now swapped out to skyjacker) and Im wondering whats the max tire size i can fit? I have 31x10.5s on it now and it looks like there is room for improvement but im not sure. opinions anyone?

some people run 33s which is what Im going to do and I have also trimmed my fenders I dont know if you have or will in the future I was cutting into my 31s with 3inches of lift so I cut :)

I run 35's on 4.5"

DSCF5767.jpg

Isnt Vetteboy running 39s on a 4.5'' lift?
I think he is a little taller than that and his isn't really like the above XJs.
I'm building at about 5.5-6" with 39s. It all depends on how much you want to trim and how streetable you want it.

I think he is a little taller than that and his isn't really like the above XJs.
I'm building at about 5.5-6" with 39s. It all depends on how much you want to trim and how streetable you want it.

He didnt specify that it had to be semi stock:laugh3:

Yours isnt really like the above XJs either. ;)

He didnt specify that it had to be semi stock:laugh3:
Yours isnt really like the above XJs either. ;)
Haha... ok good point, you got me there. ;)
Either way, I think I made the point that it all depends on how much you want to trim and how streetable you want it.

I've got around 4.5" with front and rear trimmed running 34" ltb's just need to adjust bumpstop so they don't rub into the front.

I have a 99 cherokee sport with a 4.5" rough country lift (most of the shitty components are now swapped out to skyjacker) and Im wondering whats the max tire size i can fit? I have 31x10.5s on it now and it looks like there is room for improvement but im not sure. opinions anyone?

Whatever you want, based on how much trimming you're willing to do. :)

Back