• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle ID?

desync0

NAXJA Forum User
I have a strange axle under the rear of my 90 XJ.... Also how can you tell if you have renix injection or not? It is labeled as a chrysler canada vehicle under the hood, but the vin checker I used says it was made in toledo lol

The diff cover looks like a D35 to me since there's no real flat spot on the bottom, but it's stamped 825C on the right side of the case just before the passenger axle tube comes out.

Any ideas what it is?

rear%20axle.jpg

'90 model is a renix. You can tell them by the way the rubber intact duct bolts to the throttle body. The renix has 3 (or more) torx bolts, and it is shaped like a triangle. The '91 and up, OBD1 and OBDII are around. and slide on, and are held with a hose clamp... looks like a D35 to me.

the axle looks like a d35 to me

Looks like a d35. Another way to tell is the 8.25 will have 3" axle tubes and the d35 will have 2.62" axle tubes.

Also if you have abs, you have the d35 (if you don't have abs it could be either axle)

Back